Logo

454 twin crusader 350bs wonbt shut down

kevinm1121

Just installed a newmar 3 bank

Just installed a newmar 3 bank charger HDM30 in engine room. I removed the old unit that had a hookup for the resistor wires to the engines. I was told to install those wires directly to the battery because the new charger did not have the same type of hookup as the old one. Now the start alarm buzzer stays on with the key in the off position till the engines start.( When the wires are hooked up to the battery the alarm goes off.) The alarm then shuts down when the engines start. The engines run fine but now cannot be shut down with the key. I have to pull the resistor wires off the battery which then shuts down the engines. How can I correct this problem. Any ideas??? Thanks.

"By connecting those wires dir

"By connecting those wires directly to the battery you have bypassed the ignition and have essentially hot wired the engine. If it is the ballast resistor you are referring to, I don't know why they would ever be wired to the charger, but they needs to be hooked to the ignition circuit so they turn on and off with the ignition switch."

Back