Logo

TAMD41 wonbt shut off

john_od

Is there another way to shut t

Is there another way to shut the engine off other than cutting off the fuel? (as it is very difficult to re-prime) ex an easy way to cut off the air?

"The correct way is to turn th

"The correct way is to turn the key to the stop position and hold it there until the engine stops. Then return to the 0 position. It is a solenoid valve on the fuel system though. If it does not work then the stop solenoid has probably failed. There is also an emergency stop lever.

If the engine needs re-priming after stopping in the correct manner you have other problems that need sorting out. An air leak into the system perhaps.
It is possible to stop a diesel engine by blocking off the air in real emergencies.

You don't say exactly which variant of TAMD41 you have but all the operators manuals can be downloaded from HERE if you do not have one. Just type TAMD41 in the last box and search."

"TAMD41P
In the past I got ai

"TAMD41P
In the past I got air in the lines, because when I changed the water seperator filter, I failed to fill the new one with fuel. It took a full day to re-prime the fuel system & get all of the air out. Does any one have any tips for re-pring an engine? This time I have an electrical problem and the engine wouldn't shut down. Consequently, I crimped the fuel line to shut it down. As a result, I suspect I'll have a problem re-priming the engine. Does anyone have a tip fore getting the air out of the system in such cases?"

"Easiest way to 'restart&#

"Easiest way to 'restart' is just to prime air out of the engine filters, then open the nuts on the injection-lines a couple of turns, crank the engine by starter until You see diesel coming out of all, tighten the nuts while cranking. Engine will probably start after tightening 2 nuts, be careful."

"I have a TAMD41P. When I tur

"I have a TAMD41P. When I turn on the battery switch, the engine starats. If I try to turn it off with the ignition switch, it turns off. However, the starater keeps running, which starts the engine again. I have replaced the ignition switch, the starter, the selenoid and the starter relay. Any ideas? Also none of the Volvo manuals have a detailed picture of the wiring connections to the starter. In addition to the hot wire from the battery to the selenoid, there are 2 small red wires and a red & yellow wire. I there anywhere I can get a good picture of the starter connections. There is none in the manual. THanks.

John ODonnell, [email protected]"

Back