Logo

Gamefisher no spark Attn Scott Puffer

tom357mag

Scott or anybody else for that

Scott or anybody else for that matter. Does anybody know what triggers the coil on a Force / Gamefisher Mod # 225.581501 15 hp. Was talking with a gentelman @ Brix Enterprises this morning and we both are stumped as to what triggers the coil to let it know when to spark. Any help would be appreaciated

the magnet inside the flywheel

the magnet inside the flywheel when it passes the coil which sends current to the solid state magneto which sends current to transformer which in turn increases the current to the spark plug kinds like a lawnmower

"So if I have no spark at the

"So if I have no spark at the plugs how can I tell if the magnet is doing its job , or weather both of the coils are bad ?"

"you can ohm test the coils bu

"you can ohm test the coils but its not likely both coils are bad. if you have a kill switch make sure its good and by pass it and see if you get spark. clean magnet inside flywheel, make sure you have food grounds on transformer. clean magneto ends that pass by magnet on flywheel and are you using a plug to test for spark?"

"tested both kill switches , a

"tested both kill switches , and both test out fine [not grounded until switch is activated] cleaned magnet on flywheel and magneto ends , don't have a transformer ? and yes I am using a plug [both brand new plugs] to test for spark"

Back