Logo

Over heat 888 new pump inpellernew up and lower endmanifolds

terryshear

"over heat 888, new pump, chec

"over heat 888, new pump, check and replaced inpeller,new up and lower end,manifolds,flushed engine and pipes every thing looks clear and open run cool when idle 2000 rpm start to over heat."

"What engine,
Fresh Water co

"What engine,
Fresh Water cooled or sea water?
Inlet hose good? Not colapsing under suction?
No air leaks in the inlet? Be sure flush valve is closed."

"302 ford I replaced inpeller

"302 ford I replaced inpeller that was gone,next four or five time out all day outing,sea water,inlet hose good, were is flush valve is that the, exhaust Water Shutter when starting motor water dumps out the back i'll recheck inlet line it was running fine we were by bank grass and loose dirt,then when out the with in 7 10 min check temp she was at 225 shout down 1hr restarted that why I checked inpeller first that the story when it started."

There is a hose connection wit

There is a hose connection with a shutoff valve to flush the engine. If the vslve is open it will suck in air and reduce the water flow.

Second there may be some impeller parts stuck in the thermostat causing the problem.

If water is flowing it is a good indication that everything is OK.

Also check the strainer and back to the inlet to be sure nothing got sucked into the inlet and is stopping it up

"Ok I removed the lower end,an

"Ok I removed the lower end,and a black loofs like a flap of some sort and the copper pipe came out with the unit so pushed the pipe back in and installed water to this pipe and started motor didnt know if I should run long,were the strainer."

I don't know what lower en

I don't know what lower end you are talking about.
I also do not know what the copper pipe is about.

The strainer is located just after the water intake thruhull then there is a shutoff valve and the filter.

After the filter there is a flush connector fot a hose with a shutoff valve connected into the line to the water pump.

I think I found the problem it

I think I found the problem it was were the rubber tube come out of the upper unit it was packed with the remains of the the inpeller but there was an opening for water to go throw i"ll check it on the lake on the fourth i'll let you know and thankyou for your time.

Back