Logo

AQAD 41A oil pressure problems

pat1

"I have just purchased this bo

"I have just purchased this boat and have found a bottle connected to the oil breather pipe. The other day it was full and the oil level was down. Should the oil breather be reconnected to the inlet manifold or do I have a bigger problem? I am going back to the boat this weekend to make sure the oil is correct, then see after running whether oil level drops or if the bottle refills."

"Paddy, Engine may have excess

"Paddy, Engine may have excessive crankcase blow by caused by worn rings or some other internal fault. Not a good contition. Make sure engine oil level is at correct mark on dipstick. They usually take 10 qts. to fill. Overfilling will cause oil discharge into breather system."

I will check it out this weeke

I will check it out this weekend. This motor has done only 480 hrs after a full reconditon. Hopefully he has overfilled it.

Can anyone tell me what the oi

Can anyone tell me what the oil pressure should be for a Volvo Penta TAMD63PA while running hot. I have had one service person advise me that 30 psi is acceptable and another state that it should be at least 60 psi. This is on a Carver 444 with 700 hrs on it.

"re TAMD63P-A

You should st

"re TAMD63P-A

You should start a new topic of your own not hijack someone else's

However you will find the answer to your question in your owners manual.

If you have mislaid your copy you can download one from HERE. Just enter TAMD63P-A as the engine type type and you will have a choice of low resolution to read on line or high resolution to print.

(See page 17)"

Back