Logo

Blown Head Gasket

ldell

I have a 88 King Cobra 460. It

I have a 88 King Cobra 460. It's getting water in one of the cylinders & in the oil. These symptoms tell me blown head gasket. I pull the plugs & proceed to check compression. All seems good on the compression test 95-105psi across the board. Anyone have any ideas as to how i can have a leak & such good compression?

"Is your engine in this attach

"Is your engine in this attachement? It should be. My guess is your compression should be 150-160.
192097.jpg
"

"Well, I took the heads off. H

"Well, I took the heads off. Had them checked, then re-installed them with new gaskets. Crank it up & same problem as before. Plenty of compression & runs, but still getting water in oil. I'm guessing it must be a cracked block. My internals are still good the motor only has about 200 hrs on it. Anyone know where to find a good empty 460 block for cheap?

Thanks, Landon."

90% of water in oil problems a

90% of water in oil problems are due to failing exhaust manifoldsm with the exception being motors that are not winterized in cold climates

The boat came from the FL panh

The boat came from the FL panhandle so I doubt winterizing was a concern. Should I flush the oil & try running it without water going to the manifolds to see if the problem persists? I do however understand that I will be limited as to how long I can run it...

Thanks!

"Wot ever you do, do not run i

"Wot ever you do, do not run it without water supply. It will wreck your water pump impellor in seconds."

Back