Logo

131a overheating

hammerslammer

"i see alot of post on the boa

"i see alot of post on the board about overheating so I'll add to it.lol,not sure how the cooling works on this boat,i have freshwater cooled and seawater cooled what i do know is this thermostat works,boiled water and she opened and closed up for all suggestions,thanks...."

"Search old posts for "raw

"Search old posts for "raw water" and "hose connector". Another problem could be the raw water pump impeller, the raw water strainer being clogged, and the exhaust manifold cooling passages being choked. All these items have been discussed countless times."

"What I think is that there is

"What I think is that there is a good possibility that the raw water hose connector in the outdrive may be corroded/perforated and the raw water pump may be sucking air when the boat is on the plane. THis is a very, very common problem. Of course, I am not discarding the other three possibilities I mentioned in my previous post."

"ya looks like i have my work

"ya looks like i have my work cut out for me i just put the muffs on i should say this motor hasent been to kind yet..where should i look first i eliminated the thermostat,i hope its somthing simple and not an ordeal."

"Check the hose connector in t

"Check the hose connector in the outdrive first. If OK, then check the raw water pump impeller and stariner. And if OK, chances are you need a new exhaust manifold."

"Yup, if you take care of them

"Yup, if you take care of them they will take care of you.
biggrin.gif
"

"Hi ,
I had lots of prob

"Hi ,
I had lots of problems re overheating with my AQ140 and i eventually fitted a thru hull fitting and no more problems.Volvo did use thru hull for many years and as I run alot in shallow water as low as 12 inches thru hull was best to go.
Cheers
Marshy"

"I have a volvo penta aq230 an

"I have a volvo penta aq230 and had the same problem with overheating. Replaced the risers and manifolds, thermostat, and raw water impeller. Finally el pescador gave me a good idea when I noticed water coming from below the outdrive fork. He said to tape up the intake on the outdrive with dtape and charge the raw water intake hose leading to the outdrive with a garden hose and voiala it was leaking. Now I am in the process of removing the outdrive and replacing the water tube bearing and seal. Give that a try.
Good luck.."

"well actually thats exactly w

"well actually thats exactly what i did,to find out the hose is on its last leges and so is the male adapter not sure what its called ,apparently it was sucking some air in but i got it going now want to thank every one for there advise very appreciated and most of you EL for alot of support thank guys"

Back