Logo

20 hp mariner adv 1987 has fuel pump on side of carb

cgray

"serial number ob140675.seloc

"serial number ob140675.seloc repair manual for 1977-89 says it is a j carburetor and has no fuel pump on side. g and h do have fuel pump on side, but idle adjusting screw is right in front of carburetor on mine, not on side like g and h show. What carburetor do I have?"

"is the g walbro different tha

"is the g walbro different than what is in the seloc repair manual. the idle adjusting screw on mine is right in front of the carburetor, not on the side top as g is shown in the manual. Is there another repair manual that shows the carburetor I have?
Thanks

Carl"

"The seloc's is a great ma

"The seloc's is a great manual, but is not specific to individual models - sometimes the pictures don't quite look like what you see on your motor.

Looking at the parts list for your motor, over the first few years of production, Merc used at least 4 different Walbro carbs. All are essentially the same (port/jet size etc) but may have minor differences in cosmetic appearance.

Don't worry that your idle screw is not to the side slightly, or bang on dead center. It is located above the throat of the carb and whether centered or offset, the proceedure to adjust and it's function is the same..."

That makes a lot more sense. T

That makes a lot more sense. Thanks for your time and expertise. It is much appreciated.

Back