Logo

115 tldi high flow water intake screens

bayskout

"i have 115 tldi tohatsu on a

"i have 115 tldi tohatsu on a tunnel flats boat and have been having overheating problems. alarm comes on and water stops comining out of motor.
shut down motor, wait a minute, and it starts right up, water coming out good, but it will smoke for about 20 seconds.

Was wondering if there is a replacement for the water intake screens that would allow higher flow?"

"also, is a water pressure gau

"also, is a water pressure gauge reccommended/good idea on this motor?

any reason i wouldn't want to have one?"

"mechanic said that the 'i

"mechanic said that the 'impeller?' was damaged due to sargasso berries. replaced and water flow has been good since. i asked about the water pressure guage and he stated that one was not needed and that this engine would only show about 5psi on gauge, normally has low pressure?"

"Normally a w p pressure gauge

"Normally a w p pressure gauge is just a gadget gauge IE It takes up space on your dash. In your case I would say its a requirement. Like Ricky Bobby, you want to go fast. That means you are always going to be pushing that envelope and getting into trouble. The pressure gauge is going to be one more safety feature, in your case, to keep you from going boom. Depending on where your mechanic taps into the cooling system he can pull different pressures. Just note whatever the normal pressure is for you and act when it drops."

Back