Logo

Yanmar 2QM 20 starting problems

G

georgia boater

"I have a 2QM 20 Yanmar that i

"I have a 2QM 20 Yanmar that is very hard to start.
My current mechanic is telling me it needs new injectors and another I consulted stated the compression is probaably low and I need a new/replaacement engine. Would like to avoid the engine route if at all possible. Noticed much air when I bled secondary filter (very recently replaced)...still would not start.
Help

Add Your Message Here
Post: -Color- Black Red Green Blue Yellow Purple Orange Cyan Gray White -Font- Arial Courier Symbol Times Verdana -Size- Smallest (-2) Small (-1) Normal Large (+1) Largest (+2)

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message

Action:"

"Remove the injectors and have

"Remove the injectors and have them serviced. If you are not sure when they were done last, do it. Then get some one to do a proper compression test. Find out what that is. If it is good then go ahead with the injector service. Adjust valve lash to .008 The book may say .006, byr .008 is fine. Change your oil and filters ...Change your fuel filter and water seperator/fuel filter.
Then you go from their, if the engine is tired then O/H may be the way to go"

Back