Logo

2007 BF50 Cold Starting Problems

jncbama12

07 50 hp 4 stroke. Hard to sta

07 50 hp 4 stroke. Hard to start on a cold engine. One day it will just turn over & over. Next trip it will turn over for about 5 seconds (which at that point I stop according to the manual) After 10 seconds I'll try again and it tries to start as it's turning over. End up having to use the fast idle lever. Next trip it will fire right up. Each trip is always different. I've had it to the dealer 3 times and of course it fires right up for them. Same starting procedure for them as me except I'm in the water and they are in their service department. Any suggestions?

I had that happen to me at abo

I had that happen to me at about 8 hours and the guys at the shop told me to turn the key to the first position for a couple seconds then back off then do it again a few times when this happens before turning key all the way to turn it over. I want to say they explained it as the fuel injectors priming but not sure on that.

If it hasn't happened to you yet be sure and check to make sure the kill switch is all the way on when it happens to. My clip has slipped off a couple times and a few others I have met that have a honda when there motors were new also did it. Whatever spring mechanism that is used on it is pretty strong apparently.

Back