Logo

Fuel oil mixture for a 25 HP 1975 Evinrude

"Hi, I'm new here so if th

"Hi, I'm new here so if this has been hashed out before I'll be at the whipping post at noon tomorrow ... I see in the stores an oil mix that covers many mix ratios; is this ok to use in outboards? or is it just for weed eaters and chain saws??

thanks"

The correct oil for water cool

The correct oil for water cooled 2 stroke outboards is an outboard engine oil to TCW3 specification. 50: 1 for all Evinrudes and Johnsons since 1964

i have a 1975 evinrude 25 hp i

i have a 1975 evinrude 25 hp it has a lean and rich knob numbered 1 thru 4 what is this knob for and how do you use it? thank you

"Thanks Vics, this is an 1973

"Thanks Vics, this is an 1973 Sea King (Wards), I think it might have been made by OMC or Chrysler, would the 50:1 still be ture? are there manuals available for this sweet old motor?"

"[i]" have a 1975 evinrude

"" have a 1975 evinrude 25 hp it has a lean and rich knob numbered 1 thru 4 what is this knob for and how do you use it?"

It is the idle mixture adjust. Normally you leave it set to the middle of its scale but you can experiment to see if it idles better at any other setting.

If absolutely necessary you should be able to pull the knob off, screw it down until it seats gently then screw out 1½ turns. Finally adjust for best idling and refit the knob in its mid position."

Back