Logo

Chunk of metal found between prop and housing

"The golden rule of conducting

"The golden rule of conducting business is "Caveat emptor" ...let the buyer beware.

Unless you have a bill of sale or some other objective evidence stating the engine was something better than it is, a cival case is going to be a long row to hoe and will likely not get you anywhere. Threatening the seller with a lawsuit may get him to cave a little, but I wouldn't bet the ranch on it.

I do want to take this opportunity to advise anyone getting ready to buy their first boat to get an inspection done by a licensed third party marine inspector. All things considered, this case being the perfect example, it's money well spent. They charge about $15/foot and provide a detailed report of everything they look at and problems they find. A reputable dealer/broker will often insist on one before closing the deal on a used boat or any boat they aren't willing to warrant.

WRT the subject engine, I don't think I'd waste anymore time or money on it. The information provided so far indicates that it's pretty well shot."

"Yes thank you Troy,

Too ba

"Yes thank you Troy,

Too bad that the best advise you get is what you get after you screw up. hehe. I spoke with the seller today after going to his house to get intouch with him and he offered to pay for 1/2 a reman'ed engine. I told him no thanks but if he wanted to give me $1500 towards a new one that I would walk away and he would never hear from me again.

Well he didnt like that, so I am going to a mechanic in the morning who is going to write a sworn affidavit of the condition of the engine. I have ordered a BRAND NEW 3.0 from Michigan Motorz and it is supposed to be here Wednesday. I will be back in the water next weekend! I will be at the courthouse Monday filing paperwork against the seller in hope to recoup some if not all the costs.

Thanks again for all of your advise and support in this journey. I will be back next week needing support on the engine swap. Hopefully it will be a breeze."

"good luck and we will do all

"good luck and we will do all we can to help with the swap. MAN THAT SUCKS
"

Maybe we'll see you on Jud

Maybe we'll see you on Judge Judy's TV Court! Have all your ducks in a row when you go and let us know when it will be on the tube--I like Judge Judy; she kicks arse!

Back