Logo

Gamefisher trolling motor in need of wiring diagram

randytn23

My son recently purchased a us

My son recently purchased a used boat and trolling motor. It is a Sears Gamefisher 3 hp model# 271-590290. Most of the wires are disconnected and I have been trying to find the wiring diagram for him. If anyone could be of assistance I would appreciate it.

Could you re-check the numbers

Could you re-check the numbers - I have extensive Sears lists and can not find either the 271 prefix (maybe 571 or 217) - so at least we can figure out what you have there...

"Is this an electric motor? Th

"Is this an electric motor? That serial comes up to be a 30lb thrust electric trolling motor, not a 3 horse gas motor (as I assumed from your initial post)..."

"Sorry, for the confusion. I g

"Sorry, for the confusion. I got the model # off of it myself so I know that is correct. The rest of the info I was getting from my 14 year old son. It is electric. Thanks for your help and patience. <font color=""119911""><font size=""+1"">For some reason it tells me error when I try to post this with my username and password. [email protected]</font></font>"

"I believe that sears has some

"I believe that sears has some diagrams on their store website. If you just find the sears site and go to section for ordering parts and poke in that model number it will give you some diagrams.

Beyond that, I can't help out. I stick pretty much to working on gas motors.."

"Sears does have some basic di

"Sears does have some basic diagrams on their website. Check http://tinyurl.com/6jjjuv
When you say the wires have been disconnected, do you mean the positive and negative battery cables, or do you mean someone has opened it and disconnected wires? If it is just the battery cables, it will be easy. If someone has taken it apart, chances are something was wrong with the motor and they were trying to find the problem."

Back