Logo

Antique Evinrude cant figure out year of production

A

adamdilley

"Hi Guys,

I am in need of

"Hi Guys,

I am in need of some help identifying my antique envirude that was given to me as a gift about 8 years ago. To give you a quick description, it is a 4 cylinder outboard engine that is electric start only. It has two factory controls, one for the throttle and one for the spark. These are seperate and have individual levers for each. It has a Hi/Low charge amp gauge on the face of the engine. I think it is from the late 20's early 30's but dont really know. The 70 yr old guy who gave it to me said his father bought the boat and the engine from a dealer in Waterloo Iowa brand new. there are a few numbers on it that may help to indentify it. On the steering arm - 100344, on the engine block - 101046 ( I believe it is, hard to make out) and also there is a Outboard Motor Coorporation tag on it from milwaukee wisc. The number on that is 90000180.

any help you can give me in help indentifying this engine would be appreciated so i can start restoring the the boat and engine. i have 10 pictures of the engine as well if anyone is interested in seeing what it looks like.

Thanks,
Adam"

"Not exactly a knowledgeable s

"Not exactly a knowledgeable senior member
uhoh.gif
-
(see pic-this is me in boat years)
but if you have not yet found it - can I see one pic?
I view a lot of motors during the day, and may have come across yours. can send to [email protected] if not able to load here-

-BL"

The late 40's zephyr was n

The late 40's zephyr was not made as an electric start.

"Brian,

I just sent you thr

"Brian,

I just sent you three emails containing 10 pics. sorry there are so many emails, but the pics were to big to post and send all in onoe email. from what i've learned from others. our best possible match is a 1934 9000 series 16.2 hp, that was origanilly a rope start but change to a electric start by the dealer, which was an available model. The engine came from outboard motor coporation (OMC) from milwaukee wis. the guy i recieved the engine from who is some eighty years old garuntees me that this is the orignal engine that came with his dad's boat when the bought it. Hope you can help me verify this."

Back