Logo

What year Mariner

brokerecord

"Hopefully Mr Graham, You can

"Hopefully Mr Graham, You can tell about my 25 HP Mariner # OD 073795. Also is premium gas required when filling up? Thank you and from what I've read, a very nice web site, Thanks, Greer"

"Otis, that is a 1991 model -

"Otis, that is a 1991 model - fantastic motor.

You should use just "regular" unleaded (86 or 87 octane with no more than 15% Ethanol) and Marine TCW-3 rated 2 cycle engine oil mixed at 50:1

You may want to add 2 cycle fuel stablilizer (sold under names such as STABIL etc) available at any automotive place. Adding a bit "all the time" helps keep moisture out of the gas and can help prevent clogs in the carb..."

"Thanks alot for the info. I l

"Thanks alot for the info. I like it alot, the only time it acts up is when there are 2-3 boats waiting at the ramp, that's when I feel like pulling the drain plug, giving it a little gas and swim for shore.
lol.gif
"

"Otis, it may not have a therm

"Otis, it may not have a thermostat installed. Merc liked to save 50 cents at production time and leave them out of the smaller motors.

If you don't have one or it's not functioning properly it can severely affect the idle. It's well worth the 20 bucks at any Merc dealer to grab and and put it in...."

"Thanks Graham, I checked the

"Thanks Graham, I checked the thermostate and it was a bare hole. I went to dealer and got new gasket, o-ring, and a mighty expensive piece of brass. Installed, and Dee and I are going to the lake later this evening. Thanks so much, Greer"

"Hoping you can help me with m

"Hoping you can help me with my 15hp Mariner year.
Mariner 15ML Code:684c L Serial #340637

Thanks, Rob.."

"Thank You Graham, that was a

"Thank You Graham, that was a very quick reply. I hope I can return the favor sometime.

Thanks again, Rob."

Back