Logo

Diesel raw water cooling

B

Bill Byrd

" I have twin 3208 cats. I am

" I have twin 3208 cats. I am not getting raw water circulating through the water jacket. I tried a new pump, bled the entire system to the best of my knowledge. When I ran a hose into my filter it seemed to circulate but then when I rehooked it up to my through fitting it will hardly pump through the system. Can anyone advise? Thank you, Bill "

" i have a 1967 merc i/o 120hp

" i have a 1967 merc i/o 120hp,my problem is the carb floods the engine,when its not runing.when engine is shut off and throling on small motor, in ruff water.with carb top off i find thatif i tip carb fule will run out clusters.is ther a way to stop this?? "

Check your Exhaust risers and

Check your Exhaust risers and elbo`s for blockage.

Did you check the thru hull t

Did you check the thru hull to see if there is a restriction?

" Hello, We have a sunseeker,

" Hello, We have a sunseeker, 47'. 2-Caterpillar 3208,s One of the aftercooler adapter's cracked, and we have even biger problems now. Wondering if anyone else had a problem with this. (C. Reed 1-561-637-5087) "

" I have KAD44DP inboard/outbo

" I have KAD44DP inboard/outboard.
When I checked the gear oil it was gray and milky.
Does this mean I have water in my oil?
Where can this come from, the engine only has 160 hours on it. I am on a small island and there are no certified volvo mechanis. Some people say drain the oil out and flush it out with ascitone or kerosene.

If it is the seals on the drive shaft causing this, is it easy to change them?

I am in a unfortunate situation with service here.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thank you,

Ray "

I am looking for a raw water

I am looking for a raw water coolant pump for a 1999 Norwegian SABB 30 hp diesel engine. Can anyone advise me where to go for this part here in the United States?

"Stusugg,
Do you have details

"Stusugg,
Do you have details on the pump itself... manufacturer and model? If so we can probably cross reference it to a pump that is available in the US. Contact me off the board.
Regards,
Andrew"

I have a Yanmar 2QM 22 HP. It

I have a Yanmar 2QM 22 HP. It is raw water cooled. I have replaced the impeller and still get no water coming out with the exhaust. I replaced the gaskets on the water pump previously and only got the water pump to pump by priming the system with a hose. Is hose priming always required?
Thanks!

Back