Logo

Mercury 115 hesitation on acceleration

M

markmorgan

" merc has the most annoying h

" merc has the most annoying habit of blubbering and almost choking out on hard acceleration.Have also discovered that slow acceleration to full has no ill effect,it pulls strong alway from bottom to topend with no blubbering.I recently had carbs rebuilt.any suggestions on culprit will be appreciated as i have already dropped 1400.00 into this anchor! "

" Depending on the year of you

" Depending on the year of your 115 Merc, there are a couple of solutions to your hesitation. On the old six cylinder inline models, you may only have to adjust the idle mixture screws open (CCW) about a quarter turn to richen up the mixture. This is normally a cure for the problem of poor acceleration on these engines. On the newer 4 cyl models, the problem may be in the accelerator pump adjustment. These engines run on two (upper)cylinders at idle and the second set of carbs (lower) phase in at higher speeds with the accelerator pump providing the transition between the two. The adjustment on these pumps will SOMETIMES help the situation. "

" Thanks, Tom, I had suspicion

" Thanks, Tom, I had suspicions that my carbs were the culprit and it is one of the old inline sixs. I spent gobs of money on the motor, more so out of sentimental reasons than logic would dictate.I grew up with my fathers old black max. "

Hello to the U.S of A .I'

Hello to the U.S of A .I'm from Australia and we don't have a lot of forums relating to outboards down here so hoping someone can help me.Last Friday I purchased a 4.7m Swiftcraft Searunner with a 115 Evinrude.Problem is the engine won't switch off until fuel hose is removed.What I need is a wiring diagram for this engine and a exploded diagram.Would greatly appreciate any info on this old girl that anybody might have.P.s it's a 1976 model serial no 115693G with power pilot controls..Cheers

Try shorting the black/yellow

Try shorting the black/yellow wire to ground at the ignition switch. This is the kill circuit. Write me if you still need the wiring diagram.
Tom

Back