Logo

1976 mercury 650 Wthunderbolt ignition

littleheuey

I receantly reciived a 1976 me

I receantly reciived a 1976 merc 650 65hp. I need some info on what wires carry battery voltage to switch box if any. I have the Seloc online repair manual and it dont tell me exactly which wires are power and what they do exactly. any help would be appreciated thanks.

"no power to switch box, stato

"no power to switch box, stator under flywheel creates its own power for ignition system with rotating magnets attached to flywheel"

Thanks for info. I have been

Thanks for info. I have been checking on the wires under the flywheel and have found that I do not have any continuity on the trigger that goes to #3 coil. I also am only getting spark on the top cylinder #1. My switch box also appears to have problems. Is there any way to make work or do I have to replace entire unit.

"I dont know about testing the

"I dont know about testing the switch box other than swaping coils or wires from the switch box to another cyl to make it fire, can you swap trigger wires?"

"when I swap Trigger wires it

"when I swap Trigger wires it wont spark on any other cylinders, DVOM showes voltage going into switchbox but nothing coming out (only on two cylinders)."

Back