Logo

OMC Pulleys HELP

logan87306

"Hello All, I need some seriou

"Hello All, I need some serious help. I have an 89" Sunbird, OMC Sterndrive. I just replaced the engine and to my luck lost the stock water pump and crankshaft pulleys. I loaded in a used Ford 302 as the replacement. Its a long story, but the short of it is, my buddy tossed the old motor before I finished stripping it. So here I am, new engine and no pulleys, and boating season on its way. Can anyone recommend where I can find these pulleys? I've searched High and Low, junk yards, the net, no luck. Thanks in advance.
talker.gif
"

"All I can suggest (and it

"All I can suggest (and it won't be cheap) is to go with a serpentine replacement belt arrangement (from Jeggs or Summit. You'll need to buy all the pulleys, tensioner, and etc. Belts are available from NAPA in all kinds of lengths.

Jeff"

"That's what I feared it w

"That's what I feared it would come down to. The pulleys on the Alt and Power stearing are v-belt, so I'll most likely keep that pattern. The water pump pulley from Summit is only $30 bucks, the crankshadt pulley is where they get ya. Cheapest I found was $85. I guess this is where I test my true love for boating. I'll buy the pulleys...hehe
thumbs_up.gif
"

Back