Logo

AQ125A Leaking Up Front

eddi887

"Hi All,

I finally got my B

"Hi All,

I finally got my Bayliner running, it turned out to be the carb. I rebuilt it, and took it out for a test run. I noticed a small drip coming from where the water pump would be on a car motor, but it wasn't bad. I cruised around the lake for quite awhile, and was making one more pass when I noticed the motor was getting hot. I slowed down and pulled the engine cover. There was anit-freeze blown all over the place. I couldn't tell where it was coming from, any suggestions?

I let it idle and it cooled down pretty fast, so I limped back to the dock and took it home. Other than the leak, it ran great. Hope to resolve this issue quickly.

Thanks....Jeff"

"Assuming that your boat has c

"Assuming that your boat has closed cooling and you noticed the leak at the shaft or bleeder hole on the circulating pump, it's the pump seal. Not practical to change just the seal but hopefully, there will be a replacement out there. How old is the motor?"

"Hi Jim,

The boat is an 85

"Hi Jim,

The boat is an 85 model, so the motor should be too, unless it was changed out before I got it.

It has two cooling systems, a sea water and a fresh water.

Jeff, Is the circulating pump the one that has the impeller on front, or is it somewhere else?

Thank you both for your replies.....Jeff"

"The AQ125 has a B21 block. Ho

"The AQ125 has a B21 block. However, even if the automotive and marine blocks are identical, you will still need a marine water pump. An automotive pump will not fit. The discharge of the marine pump is different to the automotive pump, because it goes attached directly to the water heat exchanger."

Back