Logo

1995 johnson 150hp

T

TJ

"My motor starts and runs perf

"My motor starts and runs perfect for about 3min at idle. After that the prime ball gets very soft and the motor will die. Motor ran perfect the first time out this year and just happened today. I can prime the ball at the dock and it will get rock hard. But when i start the boat and get it up to speed, she'll bog right down and stall. after she stalls i primed the ball and the motor will start right back up until ball goes mush again. I checked all hoses and replaced most clamps on all fuel lines. I also checked my air vent on my internal fuel tank. I can't see any kinks in any hoses either. Is this most likely a fuel pump? Thanks for all help and time. T.J. (Michigan)"

"i had a simular problem with

"i had a simular problem with my evinrude it was the fact that the carbs were not in synced.
it just boggs down, right? that is what mine did
I just ran it in the driveway in a trashcan and popped it out of gear and throtled up and down.
my mechanic said it was trash, which he could have been right but after spending $400 and it still did it after two runs. i knew that wasnt it. After a few tweaks of the top and bottom carbs with a flathead screw driver it cleared up. I have had a problem since."

Back