Logo

Help plz 23L ford OMC cobra

baca302

"I have 1988 Bayliner 2.3L For

"I have 1988 Bayliner 2.3L Ford OMC cobra leg, I screwd up on winterizing, long story short, block cracked, need a new engine which engine can i use ? 4cyl mustng? 4cyl pinto? ranger? tempo? cant find engine. Head is cracked too please any info much appriciated. Thank You.
PS. serial number on block starts with "J" ? "

"I have 1988 Bayliner 2.3L For

"I have 1988 Bayliner 2.3L Ford OMC cobra, I have leak from the manifold # 913395 to oil pan? i was loking the new one with rize cost about 900-1,000 dolars? there is any repair place? because i dont thing is worth me to spend that kine money, Please any info will be appriciated....Thank you! Theodore Mouzakis"

"Damian,

That is the motor

"Damian,

That is the motor from the turbo-charged T-Bird. It's going to be a tough find. You have to make the decision now, do I want to drop a couple grand (minimum)into a '88 Bayliner, or do I want to put that couple grand down, toward another boat?

You may find somthing available from Jasper or one of the other remanufacturere, but it's not going to be cheap.

You can repower with a 3.0L, but you will need the complete package. The gear ratio you have is too far off to even think of using in a 3.0. The 2.3 is a 5,600 RPM engine, compared to 4,400 on a 3.0.

Good luck,
Rick"

"Thank You for the info, i che

"Thank You for the info, i checked into ford tempo 2.3 thats not it. How about Ford mustang 2.3? looks very similar, dam i almost pulled one out. What is the difference between turbo tbird and mustang?

Thanks again Damian."

..."What is the difference

..."What is the difference between turbo tbird and mustang?"

The newer T-Bird used a wastegate; the older T-Bird and Mustang did not. Also (I think) the older turbos were air cooled.

Jeff

I have a 2.3 ford motor out of

I have a 2.3 ford motor out of a boat its been sitting 4 4 years the lower unit went out i bought the boat for the trailer i think the motor is still good will sell it Dave

Back