Logo

Serial Numbers

littld62

"I am trying to find out the y

"I am trying to find out the year of my outboard for parts/ect. I can not find the Serial Numbers where it is normaly you can find the serial number tag is located on the SWIVEL BRACKET (port or starboard); or, check the INSTRUCTION PLATE, located between the thumb screws above the steering tube. I found the tag but where the number should be the plate has been cleanly cut. Is there any other way to tell the year of the outboard? I picked up the boat from a police auction a few months ago. The outboard is a 150hp Mercury. They said the motor is late 70's early 80's it is not EFI"

The Color Band is Blue on the

The Color Band is Blue on the Cowling.
So that makes it a 83 or older?

Thx for the input Beckerjs

"2 types of blue, hard to desc

"2 types of blue, hard to describe, does the electrical harness plug into the side or does it enter the front lower right corner. front corner makes it 80's"

"v-6 or inline 6, themarinedoc

"v-6 or inline 6, themarinedoctor.com has merc s/n and year. check ebay and look at some pictures"

"I will post a picture later t

"I will post a picture later tonight of the motor.

Its a V-6 3 Spark plugs on each side
Wireharness comes in from the back, does not plug into anything, all the wires are connected all over the right side of head."

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
17491.jpg

Here is the picture of the cowling"

i'm guessing late 75 ish t

i'm guessing late 75 ish to 80 by the color. You might want to look up some parts catalogs on different web sites to narrow it down by the different style components

Back