Logo

Engine die when shifting

breaktime

"Start up motor very easy and

"Start up motor very easy and idle smoothly but engine die when shift in gear??? some time if lucky I give it quick full throttle it's work fine??? anyone tell me what's going on here and how to fix it ( the motor work excellent untill yesterday )oh still one more thing, the engine also die when I shift back to netrual"

"It seems that one (or mor

"It seems that one (or more) cylinder is not doing its job. With one cyl dead, it will not be able to idle. You can trace the faulty carburator by pulling the spark plug boot one by one. When there is no decrease in performance (with pulled boot), that cylinder has a bad function. Check the spark and carbs and compression before you buy expensive parts.
Robert"

"Hi

I check my compression

"Hi

I check my compression of 3 cylinder today, and find out number 2 cylinder is 25psi . number 1 cylinder is 125psi and number 3 is 120psi. Is that mean number 2 cylinder is not function. My question is should I bring it to the shop has it completely rebuild or just do something with number 2 cylinder only ( Piston and rings job on number 2 only or all 3 cylinders ???)
I tried to adjust the screw with the lock nut locate just under and front of the fly wheel to make the idle run a bit higher . Now it sound much smoother and didn’t die anymore when shift ( test on water hose ) but the compression of number 2 still make me worry. The power of this engine now still push the boat up to 35m/h but I don’t think it’s going to last very long for the summer. So should I have it fix now or just leave it ? any worse can be happened if I leave it like that? Again please advise me how to deal with it.

Thank you very much

Trung Le"

I had a similar problem with s

I had a similar problem with stalling when I first bought a used boat with a '88 125hp engine. an old boat mechanic told me to add a bottle of Gum-Out carb cleaner to my next tank of gas. To my surprise it seemed to help immensely.

Back