Logo

1996 43L bogs under load

psu1

"I have a 1996 stingray 4.3L.

"I have a 1996 stingray 4.3L. I starts easily and idles good. When I hit the throttle to plane (3.0 - 3.5 rpm's) it will run for a short time (maybe 10 seconds) and bogs back to idle speed. I can pull back on the throttle, wait 30 seconds and it will do the same thing (initially have power then bog).

I replaced the fuel/water seperator in March. I cracked the fuel line at the carb and it appears to have good flow.

Any suggestions?"

sound like the anti syphone&#4

sound like the anti syphone(sp) valve to me in the fuel tank is not letting you get enough flow while under a load.. just my 2 cents

"Sounds like no fuel flow alri

"Sounds like no fuel flow alright.
If there is a small porous media filter at the carb inlet it may need cleaning or replacement.
Could be the anti-syphon valve as John H says. Is the tank vent line open and unpluged?
If all this is OK, I would T a pressure gauage into the fuel line at the carb and take her for a spin. You should have 4-6 psi pressure at all load conditions. If not, fuel restriction somewhere, or bad fuel pump.

Rod"

it's the fuel fitting at t

it's the fuel fitting at the tank. has a spring and ball in it.check the carb filter too.

Back