Logo

Ayuh The Backdoor is again Open

Thanks to all of you that have

Thanks to all of you that have provided this feature to us. Just downloaded the two manuals that pertain to my 2001 Tahoe and they seem perfect. Great site to be a part of...........

Mark

Does anyone have a good link f

Does anyone have a good link for manual #9?

I have a 1987 Searay 300DA with 5.7 260 mercs

Thank you for putting this up. My Selco manual is worthless compared to these.

Cheers

"Ayuh,...

Just alittle Head

"Ayuh,...

Just alittle Heads Up for you all,....

All of these are pdf. files...
Many of them are HUGE...
Some of the manuals are downloaded as complete manuals,...
Some of them must be downloaded, By The Chapter/ Section....

What appears to be the Easiest way is,.. Right click on the link,+ use "Save Target As",+ then save the file to your desktop...

Once you've saved these to your 'puter,...

I recommend you burn them to a removable media,.. I used DVDs....

Then if by chance, Mercruiser figures out there's a Leak in their system,+ Shut it Down,....
You'll all have copies of them....

Best of Luck.....And,.. Be Patient..."

"I finally saved em.

But n

"I finally saved em.

But no manuals for my Cummins Mercruiser 6BTA 330's.
sad.gif
"

Need a little help here on the

Need a little help here on the download. I`m in need of manual #6 but all that I can find to download is the 1st 7 pages or so. How do I get to the other portions of manual to download?

"Barry, I have #6 there are 7

"Barry, I have #6 there are 7 chapters with a total of I think 20 seperate files that make up the manual that I have. Is this what you get or not? If I remember correctly I had to open each section and save them seperately."

"[b]"If I remember correct

""If I remember correctly I had to open each section and save them seperately."

Ayuh,... That's how it's done..."

"Problem I am having is all I

"Problem I am having is all I see is one file and when I download it I just get about 7 pages of the manual which seems to be the index for the manual. I don`t see any separate files to download. I have looked at both the link Bondo put up and the one Andrew put up and get same from both. I managed to download manual # 2 no problem ( only took about 30 minutes )but being that I have a 1974 boat that has had the mr drive replaced with an alpha 1 , I need the other manual for the outdrive.
Appreciate whatever advice you can provide.
Tks
Barry"

"Barry, this is what you need

"Barry, this is what you need to do:
On the link page http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=251571 "right click" on the manual you want and choose "save as". Save this file to an empty directory, the file name will be (6covr3.pdf).
After saving that file go back to the link page and this time "left click" on your manual so that it opens. Now with it open "right click" and choose "save as" for each of the individual sections(all 19 of them). Do not click on section 1,2,3 etc. but on the a,b,c, sections under each chapter. Save all these files to the same directory that you saved the first one in. When you have them all just "double click" the first file(6covr3.pdf) and the manual will open and each section should be clickable for you. One word of advise, I have a windows xp computer and a windows vista computer, the xp one has no problem with these files but the vista one sometimes does not want to open the sections by clicking the links on the first page, if that happens you just have to double click each file you downloaded to open them. Good luck, let us know how you make out."

"Barry, Mike is right. I downl

"Barry, Mike is right. I downloaded all of these files last Saturday night after several attempts. You have to be really patient. I also have the vista operating system. Make sure the page has fully loaded or it will freeze up. This happened to me the first three times. Just stupid mistakes I guess. Mike, I couldnt have explained it any better I finally got manuals #6 and #8 (It took a few hours to download engine manual) Its like 365 meg. Good luck Barry! P.S. I thought that the Alpha One Generation One R/MR is the same drive. Did you mean pre alpha?
Best wishes, Thomas McGee"

"I guess I`ll just have to giv

"I guess I`ll just have to give up on this. When I go to the link for manual #6 and left click, all I see is the first 7 pages on the manual which is exactly what I get when I right click it and save it. When I left click on manual #6, I do not see anything downloadable.I sure don`t see any files of any kind, that`s for sure."

"Barry, when you open #6 you w

"Barry, when you open #6 you will see at top of page " Service Manual Outline " Directly underneath you will see the heading " Section #1 Important Information " Directly underneath you will see:
A-Important Information
B-Maintenance
C-Troubleshooting
Now, move cursor to A=Important Information! left click and download should start. Computer will give you a name for file, just hit save and go back and go to B-Maintenance,left click to start downloading again,save. You will have to do this with all seven sections "Click only on lettered areas only then save" Do not try to click on numbered headings! It will not do anything for you! Is this what you are doing? Try one more time and let me know how you make out. Best of luck Thomas McGee"

"Barry, if you would like I wi

"Barry, if you would like I will send you the 20 files that make up the manual by email.Is the shaw.ca e-mail in your profile good to send them to? I will have to send you 20 seperate emails since I do not know what the mb limit is with shaw. Let me know if you want me to do it and I will send em
curious? do you know how to use ftp?
Mike"

"Appreciate the offer, Mike, b

"Appreciate the offer, Mike, but I doubt shaw would allow that large of e-mails. I could suggest ICQ if you had it or msn messenger to do file transfers but I wouldn`t want to tie up your computer that long. Even if I tried it on ftp it would take a long time. I downloaded the 1 gig volume 2 in about half an hour but that was at 400+ kps and you would be lucky to get 1/10th of that on ftp or file transfer.
Again, tks for the offer but now I`m letting my stubborn streak take over and really curious where in that link for volume 6 one finds the sections to download."

"Barry make sure adobe is open

"Barry make sure adobe is opening up within your browser. Then it should work. If your viewing the manual in adobe stand alone then links will return an error. The links should have a red box around them.

Here is a link for the first

http://www-alt.mercurymarine.com/mnetdata/SERVICE/CRUISER/Servmanl/6/6A1R3.PDF

the only thing that changes is the last file name.

6B1R3.PDF

Let me know if this works for you and I can always post the individual links to the files."

"Yes I have adobe. I have trie

"Yes I have adobe. I have tried everything , but obviously not the right thing. When I go to the site where the manuals are and left click on the manual, I have complete access to read the manual where it is but when I scroll down to the page that Mike shows, it says " this page intentionally left blank. So I right click and save as and get the 6covr3 file downloaded to my desktop. On the downloaded 7 pages, the page that mike showed in his photobucket pic is there complete with the red outlines. I can right click any part of that page and all I get is the adobe window asking me to select tool, etc.
Now what ?
blush.gif
."

"Well,I for one am stumped <[i

"Well,I for one am stumped
question.gif
add me to your msn and lets just see if I can send them to you. Let the puters do the work so we can relax and wait for spring."

"[b]"I have tried everythi

""I have tried everything , but obviously not the right thing.
it says " this page intentionally left blank. So I right click and save as and get the 6covr3 "

Ayuh,..

Use your cursor to Find the Link to the sections...
The Cursor will change shape when you hover over a Link....
You can't just right click Anywhere on the page,...
It has to be On the Link..."

"I appreciate the attempts at

"I appreciate the attempts at assistance I have rec`d in trying to get this manual downloaded. I also would like to say that I am not a newbie to computers and can assure you that page 7 of the 6covr3 pdf file that I downloaded does not have any links on it that I have been able to find. When I place my cursor on that page it will be the small hand used in pdf to move things around. If I click "anywhere" . when the cursor is a hand , I get the window asking me what tool I want to use, etc. The areas highlighted in red , ditto, anywhere there is not text,ditto. Of course if you place your cursor on any of the other writing on the page, you get the line used to indicate text that looks like a skinny capital I.The same  as when you click on a search window when you are going to type something in.A question ,,,  If you place your cursor on a link on a normal html page it will change to a hand,correct? OK, in pdf, the cursor is a hand to start with??. Not being that familiar with pdf, does it change when put on a link?Next question,,, if I left click on the areas outlined in red, the area turns black which makes me think the red outline means something but when I right click on the same area, I still just get adobe asking me what tool I want to use."Select tool" is the first of several options. If you right click an most pdf files, you will see this window.If there are any links on page 7 of 6covr3, it seems someone here who has done the download should be able to tell me where the links are.Also, has anyone tried this lately. Maybe the links to the seperate downloads have now been removed from 6covr3?Please don`t take any offence at anything contained in my posts as if any improper tone appears, it is only my frustration showing thru.
blush.gif
"

"O.K. you already have the fir

"O.K. you already have the first page, try clicking the following links , see if the pages open for you:http://www-alt.mercurymarine.com/mnetdata/SERVICE/CRUISER/Servmanl/6/6A1R3.PDF
http://www-alt.mercurymarine.com/mnetdata/SERVICE/CRUISER/Servmanl/6/6B1R3.PDF
http://www-alt.mercurymarine.com/mnetdata/SERVICE/CRUISER/Servmanl/6/6C1R3.PDF

If those links work you will have the A,B and C of section 1. I will send you links to the rest if this works, let me know as soon as possable

Mike"

"Well Barry, I checked the lin

"Well Barry, I checked the links myself and they seem to work so I am gonna send all of them to you. Be sure to let me know if they worked for you, ( I hope they do)

just click these links and save all the pages to the same directory that you saved the first page to and all should be well.
http://www-alt.mercurymarine.com/mnetdata/SERVICE/CRUISER/Servmanl/6/6A2R3.PDF
http://www-alt.mercurymarine.com/mnetdata/SERVICE/CRUISER/Servmanl/6/6A3R3.PDF
http://www-alt.mercurymarine.com/mnetdata/SERVICE/CRUISER/Servmanl/6/6B3R3.PDF
http://www-alt.mercurymarine.com/mnetdata/SERVICE/CRUISER/Servmanl/6/6C3R3.PDF
http://www-alt.mercurymarine.com/mnetdata/SERVICE/CRUISER/Servmanl/6/6D3R3.PDF o.k. this should give you sections 2 and 3. on to the next post"

Back