Logo

140 DF injectors

rippin_lips

"Hi,I am new here.Man this is

"Hi,I am new here.Man this is awsome forum alot of my questions have been answered all ready.Alot of knowledge here.My question is I have an 05 140 DF .It has been losing top end speed and RPM's I was running about 5800 rpm at 38-39 Mph.It is on a 22' Transport Flats Boat.Now I can only get abot 4700 Rpm's at 28 Mph.Suzuki dealer checked it out for 345.00$ or fix it for 911.00$ They told me it was my injectors.I took them out and soaked them in Meneral Spirts taped them out then reinstalled .Is there anything else I should check?It sounds like they wanted to shaft me.Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance,Woody"

"Sounds like you are discoveri

"Sounds like you are discovering the same trail I have been down since purchasing 2003 DF140's for a 25'Mako. The starboard engine began having the same symptoms you describe with only 80 hours of operation. Two different dealers have performed every possible fix they knew to no avail. They began with fuel supply, injectors, ECM module, switching componets from port engine to starboard trying to duplicate the failure. Nothing has succeeded. I have not had any problems with port engine. I hate to leave you hanging with this, however, thats where I am. Let me know if you have any luck."

"problem guys is
very hard to

"problem guys is
very hard to find a certified tech
they might be a dealer, but look for plaques on the wall"

"I had the same problem with m

"I had the same problem with my 90. It turned out to be just one bad injector and cleaning it didn't help. I had to replace the whole injector. A way to find out which injector is bad (if you do have a bad injector) is to have a buddy run your boat while you individually pull out the lead wires going to the injector on top. Be carefull and do this one at a time. As you pull the lead wires off, the engine will either drop rpms dramatically, or do little or nothing. If the rpms drop, that means the injecor is working. Replace the lead wires and move on to the next injector. If the rpms stay the same or little difference, then you know the bad injector. Just make sure your carefull cause the boat will lose speed so don't fall off!"

Back