Logo

Throttle linkage rollerzincs

pops86

Contributing Member
"Recently I posted about clear

"Recently I posted about clearance issues with my throttle linkage roller and the clearance between it and the spark advance cam. No one felt comfortable to offer a follow up.
After reviewing a parts diaghram of the throttle linkage, I noticed a replaceable roller for the throttle linkage. I ordered the replacement and installed it. It made a noticable difference in the running of my 200 carbed evinrude, especially when throttling back. Before the motor acted like it was misfiring and kinda shaking. Now it runs like a different motor. I do also feel it increased the wop throttle rpm at least a hundred.
When I bought the motor I noticed the broken piece lying in the bottom of the motor, but did not know where it came from. It was the outside portion of the roller that had split and fallen off. Maybe someone out there has the same problem, and does not know it. May be this will help.

Also, I replaced my zinc on the foot, and removed and cleaned the transom zinc, located on the bottom of the motor bracket, behind the bottom pin for the trim/tilt assembly,
Both were coated with a white chalky compound. Is this normal, or how can I keep it off??
Thanks All!!"

"The white chalky look indicat

"The white chalky look indicates that the zink is functioning properly, that is, it is being eaten away instead of your engine. You can't keep it off, you can only replace it/them.

The roller..... in past years the roller was one piece and functioned perfectly for more years than I can think of. Some engineer apparently thought it would be better if the roller was a two piece component..... idiot!

My apologies that I missed your post BUT if you hadn't mentioned that roller problem, it would be unlikely that I or anyone else would have brought that into play. My compliments on your keen eyesight.

When time permits, visit my store at: http://stores.ebay.com/Evinrude-Johnson-Outboard-Parts-etc?refid=store"

Back