Logo

Help please my 1995 120 force wonbt get up to rpmbs

wyomeeks

"ALL OF A SUDDEN THIS WEEKEND

"ALL OF A SUDDEN THIS WEEKEND THE 120 WON'T GET UP IN RPM'S GOING ACROSS THE LAKE, THEN IT FEELS LIKE IT'S CUTTING OUT (THE WATER WAS LIKE A SHEET OF GLASS) IT IDLE'S FINE AND RUNS GOOD AT HALF THROTTLE... COULD IT BE BAD GAS OR SOMETHING ELSE? I CHANGED THE PLUG'S ON THE WATER DIDN'T HELP... ANY POINTER'S WOULD HELP... IT RAN GREAT LAST WEEKEND...???"

"I JUST WENT TO THE SHOP AND N

"I JUST WENT TO THE SHOP AND NOW THERE IS LIKE UN BURNED OIL COMING OUT FROM THE BOTTOM OF PROP, OR PROPELLAR... I'M NEW TO BOATS SO I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM... THE MOTOR HAS LESS THAN 100 HOURS ON IT AND IT HADN'T BEEN RUN FOR TWO YEARS DO MY CARBS NEED CLEANED? ANY HELP WOULD HELP THANKS"

"Bad, Old gas is my guess. I j

"Bad, Old gas is my guess. I just bought an 88 Trophy with a 125 Force on it. The boat had been sitting about a year. After getting it cleaned up and running good and drove it around about an hour. After shutting her down, I had oily gas dripping from the bottom. Just to be safe I took it to the shop. I was told it was old gas not burning, as soon as the old gas is used up and fresh gas starts running throught the motor the dripping oil will clear up."

"If you rule out the bad gas &

"If you rule out the bad gas (which I did since it ran good last weekend), what did the old plugs look like?

My Force 120 had similiar problems, turned out to be a bad trigger. It ran good one weekend and the next I had no mid range speed. I would check the trigger is you know how. Not hard if you have a multi-meter and a engine manual.

Of course my engine has been toast since Feb when I blew out the #4 cylinder, which now has needle bearings jammed in the piston head and one between piston and cyl wall..lol
Don't plan on rebuilding as the Force is no longer with me...lmao Those engines are not worth the rebuild price IMO."

Back