Logo

Help finding parts

pjsomers2

Contributing Member
"Where can I buy sensors for m

"Where can I buy sensors for my 8.1. I have a camshaft position sensor and a crankshaft position sensor. One of them went bad last year and just this weekend it started running bad, I think it is the same problem.}"

"Thanks El, April of last year

"Thanks El, April of last year our boat died in the water and we were sure it was the fuel pump, we took it to our local shop, problem is the young mechanic doesn't have a lot of experience with the newer electronics he replaced the fuel pumps however he had a real hard time diagnosing the rough idle after he got it started he worked on it for 3 weeks checking the sensors and he sent the ecu in to someone and it checked out. When all said and done he pulled on a yellow wire in the wiring harness and said it fixed it. Now 13 months later we are having trouble, our boat is stored 220 miles from home in Havasu Arizona I was just going to take it to one of the shops out there but was wondering with all your experience if you had any ideas on this or could recommend what type of shop I should take it to, is there some that have better testing equipment, Thanks again Joe"

"Sorry Joe, I am not the most

"Sorry Joe, I am not the most adequate person to help you to troubleshoot your problem, as I have not worked much with fuel injected gasoline engines. In fact, I tend to avoid those engines as if they were the Devil
biggrin.gif
. I know they are more efficient, pollute less, yadda yadda but I have some problems entrusting my safety to a piece of silicon and a few sensors that are difficult to troubleshoot if they break down (or if the wiring or some of the components get wet) while I am in the ocean in rough weather and a few miles away from the shoreline.

Hopefully some other forum members more knowledgeable of fuel injected engines (like Rick Sweeten or Mike) may be able to give you some guidance."

Back