Logo

Fuel will not go to engine

i took it apart. everything lo

i took it apart. everything looks fine. there is 3 spots of conection fo r a hose. one form the tank into the pump. on i was told is a overflow. adn one to the engine....... when i took it apart to lok at it. ther is 2 gaskets. one to let fuel into the pump throught a screen. and one where what looks like a diafram(not sure about that) and behind that gasket is the 3rd conection spot for gas to go to the engine. but ther is no hole or area to allow gass to get to that side of the pump to let gas flow to the engie.

The hole that goes to the bloc

The hole that goes to the block supplies pressure pulses to OPERATE and MAKE THE PUMP work.There is no such thing as an overflow anywhere. The other 2 are pump outlet and pump fuel supply.

ok. so the pump outlet has no

ok. so the pump outlet has no fuel getting ot it. the pressure pulse is fine adn the fuel intake is good. but absolutley no fuel is going but of the fuel pump to the hose that goes to the engine.

when i took apart the pump. the one side of it where the fuel should be leaving to supply the the engine is DRY! looking at how everythign is set up in the pump there is NO way fuel can get out to supply the engine with fuel to maek it run.

I will post some pictures of t

I will post some pictures of the pump taken apart on step at a time. if that may help. as i dont know all the technical facts of small engine motors i just have common knowledge of how it should work.

"there is a rebuild kit avail

"there is a rebuild kit avail for it,if u just like tinkering,one source,is sierra ,they sell both pump,and kit,....it is just waaaay easier,to repl the pump,and not tinker w/it for 2-3 hrs....."

"i dont mind tinkering. keeps

"i dont mind tinkering. keeps me busy and this way i learn more. i do think the previous owner put anew pump on it. as looking at pictures and diagrams of a fuel pump for this engine they dont look anything like the on that is on there now, it look like one from a 15hp.

can the engine still work fine with a pump for a higher HP motor?"

"there are 2 pumps for smaller

"there are 2 pumps for smaller eng's,,,the one i looked up according to your eng discription,was one for a 9.9 and 15....same pump"

"I own a 40 HP Johnson outboar

"I own a 40 HP Johnson outboard. Boat idles fine but when I give more throttle, it sputters and stalls. I have reeplaced plugs and fuel line with priming bulb. No dirt in fuel filter. Can someone help me diagnose the problem. Motor is a 1990. Thanx"

but i have a 8hp motor.. so di

but i have a 8hp motor.. so did someone put the wrong replacement pump on? if so will it still work fine? i wil take a picture of it and post it if i can

Back