Logo

Oil pressure

D

D wright

"I have a jet boat with 455ci

"I have a jet boat with 455ci olds. The boat has OMC guages, when the oil pressure guage is hooked up it pegs to 100 psi. Am I using the wrong sending unit? If so what type should I be using? Please help! Thanks!"

"From Farina. I think they mak

"From Farina. I think they make OMC guages

Senders are designated by the following descriptions and must be selected in combinations of one each
from A, B, & C.
(For example: Single station, American resistance, Standard ground)

A Stationa Single
Dual

B Resistanceb American
European

C Groundc Standard
Floating

Notes:
a. Station: It is the sender that is unique in a dual station application. The gauge is the same in either single or dual
applications.
b. Resistance: Choose your sender to electrically match your gauge not just the manufacturer. Some sender
manufacturers make both resistance types; and, some instrument manufacturers may use either resistance type
depending on the gauge. There is usually no visual way alone to determine the resistance type.
c. Ground: Standard ground is the most common having battery negative (-) connected directly to the engine block.
Sending units may have one (1) terminal (signal). In a floating ground system, the battery negative is not connected
to the engine block so merely threading in the sender does not supply ground. Floating ground senders will have
two (2) terminals (signal & ground). Both sender terminals may be wired to the appropriate gauge terminal or the
sender’s ground may be wired directly to the battery negative. A floating ground sender may be used in a standard
ground system but not vice versa.
For"

Back