Logo

Domestic Hot Water in a Sailboat

F

fatfenders

I just replaced a raw water co

I just replaced a raw water cooled Volvo MD2B with a fresh water cooled 3GM30 Yanmar and would like to utilize the discharge water to provide a Hot Water system for Heating and/or washing up with. Where do I start. I am a plumber/gasfitter by trade and probably can do most of the work myself. I figure it will be a heat exchanger of some sort with a storage tank - where do I start? And is there a place where I can buy such a gizmo? Oh and of course as it is a sailboat room is a cansideration ... Thanks in advance ...

"Check west marine for a 6 gal

"Check west marine for a 6 gal heater. I have a 36' sailboat ant is is plenty if you use good water conservation at sea. It will heat of the engine hot water and the 110Volt dockside.
Kuuma, Force10 and Raritan all make one.
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SiteSearchView?dispName=Plum bing&jspStoreDir=wm51&catalogId=10001&Ne=712&Ntt=Freshwater%20Systems&N=377+710+ 1532&langId=-1&page=CategoryDisplayLevel1&omniTag=Category%3aWater+Heaters&Popul arCat=No&storeId=10001&utm_source=0&utm_medium=0&gclid=COOX5faf8JMCFRKhxgodBFBHX g"

Back