Logo

racer 1 or others

shade_tree

I read the post about black pl

I read the post about black plastic covers over carbs.I have 1990 88hp evinrude. Carbs have been rebuilt and thermostats installed for proper warm up. Could these black plastic covers be causing poor bottom end performance.The biggest problem I have is loading boat on trailer.When I get ready to load up engine dies when I put it in gear. Also after I runengine for any amount of time 5-10 minutes and I shut it off for 1-2 minutes the same problem usually occurs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"Mitch,

The plastic covers

"Mitch,

The plastic covers on the carbs should not be a problem. If they cause the engine to run poorly when installed, it usually means that there is a problem, such as a vacuum leak, or low vacuum.

The covers serve both as air cleaners and flame arrestors.

Tony"

Haha.I think the covers talked

Haha.I think the covers talked about are the ones on top of the carburetor itself.Have to to with idle ports and low speed running.This man is not talking about the silencers.

"ssparky (april fool),

"ssparky (april fool), what has happened to you? Your prior posts were always of good substance, but now you add nothing except snide insulting comments. I can only assume that possibly you personally are no longer posting and have turned that position over to someone whereas their courtesy, tact, and ability to reply in a professional manner is somewat lacking."

Back