Logo

Uneven heating on exhaust manifolds

jimbow77

Hello:
I have just installe

Hello:
I have just installed a new 5.7 in my 2003 Maxum. This boat was purchased with a blown engine. I have run the engine approx 30 mins on the water. This has the newer style exhaust manifolds. One manifold is hotter than the other at the riser. Should I be concerned?
Jim

Hello:
I would also like to a

Hello:
I would also like to add that I changed the exhaust shutter valves and checked for restrictions and have put a new impeller in the drive.

to the touch is all I have don

to the touch is all I have done. One is warm and the other I can touch and leave my hand but feels hot. Temp guage shows 175

does anyone think that this mi

does anyone think that this might be a problem or should I just put a few hours on and see if it changes?

throttle up a little and see i

throttle up a little and see if it starts to cool off. mine does that every once in awhile and it's fine.

"Jim,
I have similar symptoms

"Jim,
I have similar symptoms on my 5.7, its ok for them to vary slightly, just keep an eye on it when running. When running mine WOT i can still put my hands on the risers and stay there for about 5 secs before i feel the heat. IMO its nothing to be concerned about.
Paul"

FWC. One thing I know is wrong

FWC. One thing I know is wrong but don't think matters is the gaskets between the riser and the extensions are backwards. The flow restriction gasket is at the top of the extension at the riser side. They are the same on both sides and I don't think this should matter.??

I believe this is a totally fr

I believe this is a totally fresh water cooled system. There is no reservors or tanks. I bought this boat with engine condition unknown and I do not have a serial number(removed from engine). This was a repo. There was problems with the shutter valves but I replaced them.

"...this is a totally fres

"...this is a totally fresh water cooled system...There is no reservors or tanks."

FWC = antifreeze is the Fresh Water used in engine with heat exchanger

RWC = raw water from lake is used to cool entire engine

It sounds like yours is RWC.

sorry for the confusion. Just

sorry for the confusion. Just checking and your right. My mistake. This is cooled RWC. I need to get better on the terms. Prairie boy. Everything is cooled by RWC here.

Back