Logo

43 to 350 Conversion

• Thread starter Justin From Colorado
  • Start date
J

Justin From Colorado

I just got a searay boat from

I just got a searay boat from my sister that the engine block froze and cracked. It was the 4.3 Litre and I want more power.. I have a 350 that I am building and was going to put it in but was wondering what issues that I may run into. I know that I will have to replace the Exhaust manifolds... but will the flywheel work? any thing else that I will have to replace? Any ideas or comments help.. The 350 is a complete motor pan to carb with ignition.

"The gear ratio in the lowr un

"The gear ratio in the lowr unit will be too low, but whacking on a bunch of pitch might cure that. Not sure on the flywheel, but the belt housing bolt pattern is the same.

Jeff"

""but will the flywheel wo

""but will the flywheel work? any thing else that I will have to replace? Any ideas or comments help.. The 350 is a complete motor pan to carb with ignition."

The Flywheel May, or May Not bolt up,.. There are 2 different bolt patterns,......And 2 different Diameters.....
But,..... The 4.3l Flywheel is Balanced Differently....
So,.... NO,.. you'll Need a Flywheel that is For the 350........In the Diameter that matches the Starter........

Is this 350 a Boat Motor,........ If Not,.... The Carb.,+ Igntion will need to be Changed.....

And,..... The outdrive Ratio is 1or 2 steps Lower,....
You'd need a prop with 6" to 12"s MORE pitch than you have Now,...... And I Doubt that's going to happen,....
So,.... That means changing out the Top Gear Set to a 1.50/1..........."

Back