Logo

1984 Mercury XD problem

P

Paul Matthews

I have a problem with my 1984

I have a problem with my 1984 Mercury XD. I started my motor for the first time this year and after about 10 mins of idleing the water in my garbage can started to get very milky with oil yet the motor continued to run perfectly. I assumed it was a leaky seal in the gear box but I drained the oil and it wasn't milky at all. Is it possible to have a bad seal without getting any water in the gear box? Does anyone have any suggestions? I was using an old gas and oil mixture from last year could this be the problem?

"HI, I am sure that oil is jus

"HI, I am sure that oil is just normal exhaust drainage. I have seen similar situations each time I ran all my different motors in trash cans or tanks."

"Thanks, I have never experien

"Thanks, I have never experienced this with this motor. It seemed like an excessive amount so I was worried something was wrong. Thanks again."

if you fogged your motor befor

if you fogged your motor before storage you will get more than normal oily exhaust discharge when first fired up.

if it was on the boat you woul

if it was on the boat you would have travelled a mile and spread this oil slick.Ever wonder why two strokes are not "liked" by the EPA?????

"Believe me, I would like to g

"Believe me, I would like to get a brand new four stroke."

Back