Logo

197879 Stern Drive Bellows Replacement

rzrback911

"I can't figure out how to

"I can't figure out how to replace my shift line bellows. Drive housing is removed, but the slide cannot come off without cutting the shift cable. EMail any ideas.... [email protected]

Thanks in advance."

cut it off. you get all new wh

cut it off. you get all new when you replace the cable. it should get replaced anyway if its the old style crimped end.

"STOP, you are not to touch th

"STOP, you are not to touch the cable that goes up to the helm!!! If you notice the shift cable goes from the shift plate to down by the starter or the other side and out the back of the boat. The cable is 5' long. There will be three cables, one from the helm or whats called the remote control to the shift plate, one from the helm to the carb and the shift cable from the shift plate to the bell housing outside the transom. Write back if you do not understand. Good luck"

"Don't worry, I found what

"Don't worry, I found what you meant after cutting the clamped end off and removing the end from the bell housing. I had tried to track where the cable went orignally and followed it wrong. Thanks for the help. Got everything out and ready to replace now."

Back