Logo

Fuel problems

gabe101

"I have 2000 johnson 225 ho. a

"I have 2000 johnson 225 ho. about 2 weeks ago I went fishing to one hole and when I moved on to another, the engine would sputter and die wether running wide open a little ways or idleing a little. Pumping the bulb would fix this problem for about a 100 feet. finally made it to the second hole, fished a while then it never missed a beat.
went fishing tonight and it done the same thing but never stopped this time. It would die after a short ways, pumped the bulb tight and go a little ways further. It acts like it's pulling fuel but can't get it."

"It's possible that the fu

"It's possible that the fuel side of the VRO is failing, OR a air/fuel leak exists at some point between the VRO pump and the fuel supply.

The above scenario would cause the engine to run out of gasoline BUT the oil side of the VRO would still be pumping oil. This would cause the float chambers of the carburetor to be fouled with oil.

If this is the case (failed VRO) a rebuild kit is possibly available at your dealership."

"The oil tank has been removed

"The oil tank has been removed from the motor. I understand that it has been like this since the warranty was over, due to some problems that could be possible with the vro. I and the guy before me have been putting oil in the gas 50:1. It has never given me any problems before now."

Back