Logo

1984 DT85

bendro70

Does anyone know if this year

Does anyone know if this year model has the infamous "rev limiter" on it.It limits you to 3000rpms when alarm is activated.It doesnt have a throttle postion sensor.

"Just trying to learn all I ca

"Just trying to learn all I can about this motor.I was given a book but it is for 1985 and up.I just want to know if there is anything else I need to look for. I already have....checked compression 125,125,128.new plugs,took carbs completely apart soaked in acid,took tank out cleaned thoroughly,installed seperator and a new prop.Before I take this out again to water test I want to know if there is anything else.Before I was getting about 1200rpms ..thats it.Then it was hard to start back.Now after all that at least it cranks easy,but only time will tell when it gets under a load."

"Check the stator, sounds like

"Check the stator, sounds like an high speed stator fault...
Mark that i dont know if this enginge has such system...."

you need to measure it with an

you need to measure it with an ohm meter..

You should check if you have an high speed and a low speed circuit on your stator first.
But you are mentioning an alarm.. what is that? Do you have onboard oil injection or are you mixing...
Note that suzuki have rev limit on low oil signal for some models..
Try to bypass the oilsensor if this is on your engine

ohm meter is ONLY GOOD FOR INS

ohm meter is ONLY GOOD FOR INSULATION BREAKDOWN
you need a good volt meter and DVA!

"is this for testing the stato

"is this for testing the stator or the ecu/cdi unit?
I always start checking that all my components has the right value, eliminating breakdown, shorts and broken wires...
If i cant find problems, i start measuring if components are inducting current.

But trying to help this guy, we shoud really suggest what he should try to do instead of discussing diffrent ways of troubleshooting
"

ohms are very useless
when st

ohms are very useless
when stuff gets warm you get bad readings

you want stator over 100v
triggers over .7 volts
coil inputs over 100

Back