Logo

Warning Whistle Issue

biffdiver

"1992 Evinrude 150 on a Strato

"1992 Evinrude 150 on a Stratos 274.

Warning whistle is stuck on when the ignition key is turned. Doesn't matter engine is running or off.

Engine runs great, seems to get oil (plent oil smoke), and can't be overheating (does it when absolutely cold)

Changed the warning whistle thinking it was stuck, not it.

Any suggestions??"

"I would think that either the

"I would think that either the lead wire from the sounding component to the engine is gounded out somewhere OR one of the components is faulty.

With the sound being emitted, start disconnecting the leads, one by one, to the sensors at the engine. If the sound stops at any disconnecting point, that would be the cause."

That happened to me once. It w

That happened to me once. It was a faulty sensor in the oil tank. Try disconnecting the lead from the oil tank.

"Thanks for the responses.

"Thanks for the responses.

I disconnected the leads for both the Temp Sensors and the Oil Sensor. Horn Still blows. I couldn't find the Fuel Pressure Sensor.

I know when the key is turned it is supposed to sound the whistle for a second. Could that be stuck? Is that in the ignition switch?

I did check for anything grounding out, but have yet to find anything."

"I have an 88 evinrude xp 150

"I have an 88 evinrude xp 150 the alarm comes on when i throttle down on it. Doesnt make a sound at an idle. Top end spped feels like its running out of gas. Checked oil lines to vro it is getting oil to the pump.Once had rectifier problems and dealer unhooked my low oil alarm. Lately motor will not open up properly will drag for some ways then take off like i flipped a switch, help plz anyone"

"chuck....i would ck and reck

"chuck....i would ck and reck the tan wire...it has to be grounding for horn to wk,(or u have a def horn,grounding inside,off the ground wire,that is for the initial startup test)...(bad electronics)..disc tan wire,turn key on and see if problem exists..."

I have an E-tech 40 hp warrant

I have an E-tech 40 hp warranty just ran out in Jan 08. when getting ready to put in the water the indicator said low oil and sure enough the tank was empty. had not left it that way. It has a crack along side the seam about 3/4 the way down on the back side of the tank. Any idea how that happened just sitting there for the winter? is there a was i can get away with just mixing the oil and avoid the engine shutting down with a low oil alarm?

"1:
You can NOT just mix oil

"1:
You can NOT just mix oil in an E-Tech!!!!
2: 'Fix' Your oil-tank and fill with correct oil.
When starting, start the engine in 'preservation' mode (read Your manual) to get the oil-system primed out properly before You start running."

Back