Logo

69 evinrude 4hp lightwin

catfish7468

can anyone direct me where to

can anyone direct me where to find the value of this motor? this thing runs/looks great! The lower unit has 2 wingnut type bolts that unscrews and the lower unit folds up along side of motor and fits in a case similar to a chainsaw case that is also evinrude. Thanks

"I am sure someone has some in

"I am sure someone has some info on this motor, here is the number from the tag on the side of it....4902B-E01064. The title for it that i have states it is a 1969 model. Is this true? I have searched ebay,craigslist and other places online trying to find out about how much it is worth. I have yet to find another like it with the folding lower unit and carrying case. Is this a rare motor? I suppose I could try to post pictures if needed(if I can figure out how to do it). Any information that anyone has or the right direction to send me in to find more, Please let me know. Thank You"

"This is some discussion forum

"This is some discussion forum huh?! Not a single response to my 2 posts. Oh well, Thanks for nothing. Hope everyone else gets the info they are looking for."

"Hi Tony,
If you type 4902B i

"Hi Tony,
If you type 4902B into a basic google search you will see a BRP website 6 paras down. Also, shop.evinrude.com has your engine. The 4902B is definitely a 4 horse 1969 model. It came with either folding or rigid lower unit options. Those two websites will give you individual parts if you need them but it sounds like you are just in the mood to buy and sell rather than restore and use the motor. If I am wrong, then give it longer than 3 days, someone might be able to shed some light on the history of your motor. Good luck in your search.
OB"

"Old Blue....I thank you for y

"Old Blue....I thank you for your reply. I have found out that it is indeed a 1969 4hp. It does have the folding lower unit on it and I have owned this little jewel for over a year now. I have had it in the water about 3 or 4 times and it has done a fine job. I just all of the sudden got real interested in finding out more about the motor. I know it is old, but seems as if it might be "rare" to this day. It still runs and looks great and as far as I am concerned, it needs no restoration done to it. I thought maybe there may be someone out there that does collect such a motor that may be interested in it. Anyways, again, I thank you for the info you have given me..Tony"

"No worries Tony,
My motor is

"No worries Tony,
My motor is also from 1969 and I find that finding parts and advice on my motor takes a little more time and effort - its not ancient by any means but a lot of websites begin to run out of info when you start looking into the sixties. This forum has a few really solid guys in it who live and breathe Johnson Evinrude outboards and thank goodness they also know their way around a web forum. Just give them time. I have only read this forum for 3/4 of a year and I haven't seen much discussion in terms of pricing/selling information, it is more the troubleshooting and technical guidance. Good luck mate,
OB"

"I appreciate all you have tol

"I appreciate all you have told me...I may have just under-estimated this site...i am pretty impatient sometimes and get discouraged quickly, but thanks to you...I think I will give it a little more time to come to a head. I just hope that someone can provide the estimated value of it or someplace that may be able to"

"Tony,
Estimating the value o

"Tony,
Estimating the value of any motor seems to always cause some kind of problem. Condition, age, avalibility in ones area, and intrest in any one motor, can effect the value. Being a '69 makes it relitivly "new" in the world of outboards.

I've seen fold-up, suitcase, motors sell on ebay from 200-700 bucks with/without a case. Now, it's garantied that somebody will disagree with me and thats why your post on value went unanswered. Ultimatly, your motor is worth whatever you can get for it at that paticular time.... Seems like a vague answer, but thats how it seems to work out. Your motor is rare, dont see them every day, but they can be had..."

I just checked ebay and there

I just checked ebay and there is a new 1969 4hp folding with case....buy it now price is $650...seller claims it was prepped and never used...no bids....3 days left

Craigslist-Tampa-boats for sal

Craigslist-Tampa-boats for sale.Last week there was a 4HP twin for $150.NOT a folder.I had one years ago with the"weedeater"lower unit.Sweet little kicker.

Back