Logo

Did VolvoPenta build the Albin AD21 22hp 2 cylinder diesel

"I have acquired a 1972 Albin

"I have acquired a 1972 Albin 25' mini trawler with an Albin AD-21 22hp diesel 2 cylinder motor. Is this a Volvo-Penta engine block? If not who built the motor? Are replacement parts still readily available including parts needed for complete engine rebuilds? What modern era motors have been found to easily swap the AD-21 out with? This is my first diesel. What steps may I take to lengthen the life of the motor and drivetrain? (fuel additives, preferred brand of oil and weight etc?) Also looking for Albin owners chat groups. Any help is much appreciated, thanks."

i have twin tamd41a when cruis

i have twin tamd41a when cruising strbd side will bog down thick black smoke slow down and start over its fine but still little bit of black smoke and dirty exaust water (black). changed all fuel filters.ran with the hatches open and it smokes out of the crankcase breather need help thanks

"Albin engines were made by Al

"Albin engines were made by Albin Motor Co, Kristinehamn, Sweden.
Know of old agent in UK but that may not be of help to you.
Several Albin 25's locally have been fitted with Volvo Penta 2030 engine (3 cylinder 1000cc engine made by Perkins for Volvo - new model is D1-30)"

Back