Logo

165 mercruiser stator flywheel

J

John Daniels

One of the magnets in the flyw

One of the magnets in the flywheel came loose when removing the flywheel . These are epoxied in place and I was wondering if anyone knows what type of epoxy is used for this. Does anyone know and if not what could be used to fasten it back in place.

Are we talking about the crank

Are we talking about the crank mounted alternator on a 3.7L?

I may get overuled in the forum but you might try sanding the surfaces good and use a little JB Weld. Obviously the real repair is to replace the wheel.

Yes it is the crank mounted al

Yes it is the crank mounted alternator on the 3.7.. I have heard somewhere but do not recall where that there is a 2 part epoxy just for this repair but I can not remember in which forum I read about it

Ask a Merc. dealer. Tap on th

Ask a Merc. dealer. Tap on the others and see if they come loose. Redo them all or switch to a single wire standard marine alternator for approx. $250.

I did find the epoxy kit that

I did find the epoxy kit that is made for securing the magnets. I have re-epoxied the one and the rest of them are OK. I am sure the one came loose when we tapped on the flywheel when removing it. The kit is readily available and the one I purchased had two packets of 2 part epoxy so each packet will make one magnet repair. If anyone needs information on where to get the kit respond to me by e-mail and I will pass on the info.. By the way thanks for all the input.

Back