Logo

Volvo Penta 270 on Bayliner stuck down

I

Ian Taylor

"I have an '86 Bayliner Ca

"I have an '86 Bayliner Capri with a volvo 270 outdrive on it. Today a friend forgot to trim the motor up and pulled it out of the lake. Didn't do any damage to the skeg, but now the trim won't tilt the drive up, and we are stuck (can't tow). Is there 1) a manual way to pick this drive up, and 2) does anybody have any idea how to fix this? I recently put a new trim motor in, and it runs fine. Is there something hydraulic I should be looking for?"

I'll bet the neutral/ reve

I'll bet the neutral/ reverse catch is stuck. Put it in forward and look to see if the little fingers that grab the tilt pin are releasing.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I don't know

Thanks Jeff. I don't know much about this boat - where would I find the tilt pin?

"It goes across, side to side,

"It goes across, side to side, and is used to adjust the angle that the lower unit runs at. There's several holes the tilt pin can go in, to change the angle of the outdrive.

Jeff"

I resently bought a 1970 Delta

I resently bought a 1970 Delta with a Penta engine and a Chrysler Marine 250 outdrive. My problem is I can't get the outdrive down. Is there a release lever or is it just broken.

"Yes, I can here the engine ru

"Yes, I can here the engine running. I have been told that the Chrysler Marine 250 is a Volvo Penta Stern drive - it move about 3 inches then stops going up or down. It seems like it's locked - I'm going to buy a manual -Tim"

Back