Logo

Help with Engine info

sknights

"I have a Mariner 60 hp 2 stro

"I have a Mariner 60 hp 2 stroke 3 cylinder serial number 6610834. Can anyone help me with more info such as year and any known issues? Thanks,

Scott"

"Scott, that is a 1985 model.

"Scott, that is a 1985 model. Well built. The design stayed basically intact on that model well into the 1990's.

It was a reliable design that lost popularity as the push to "more horsepower" really took hold. Once considered a "mid-sized" motor it is now considered "small".

Despite all that I belive this is an excellent motor particularly well suited to light 16 foot aluminums or pontoon's that you don't use for racing
And I personally would have no second thoughts about hangin' an 85, 60 horse Merc/Mariner off the back of my boat..."

"Graham, thanks for the info.

"Graham, thanks for the info. That is the type of information I was looking for. It seems to run great after cleaning up the carbs and can push my 18' tri hull @ 30 mph (GPS). Good enough to fish and play."

"Scott, sounds like you are ge

"Scott, sounds like you are getting every thing that you can out of that particular set-up. You should be well pleased with the performance of the motor."

Back