Logo

2002 yahama 225 four stroke alarm issues

"we fish 28 hydrosport vector

"we fish 28 hydrosport vector with twin 225 four strokes. For the past two years the port motor will sound temp alarm intermitently. we have changed impellers, thermostats, checked and replace sensors with no luck. if you do not cycle the key and restart the engine it will go into a limp home mode with rev limiting at 2200 rpm. the engines are at 1000 hours. we have had other service center address the problem with no luck. I have read about this condition from other members but never a soultion. any ideas"

Are you refrencing intake/exha

Are you refrencing intake/exhaust poppet valves in the heads or some other valve in the cooling system that i am not aware of. thanks

I have a 2-250hp yahama two-st

I have a 2-250hp yahama two-stroke manual but not one for four strokes. I have been a master automotive techician for several years so if its not to much trouble could you elaborate or clarify you poppet theroy

"Don't know if this is rel

"Don't know if this is relevant, but recently changed the "poppit valve" on my 2003 F225 as a matter of general maintenance. For the last year or so while fresh water flushing at the dock, I would not get a "pee stream" out of the hole while motor was shut off and just figured I had inadequate water pressure at the marina. Well now that I change it alone with the thermostats, is comes out fine. I never had alarm problems, but my point is that is surely has circulation importance. It's a large "plastic headed" valve located behind that center section in between the two side covers looking at the back of the engine. It's a large nut, almost an 1 1/2 and costs over 40 bucks. After buying a new one and taking the old one out, I decided you could perhaps just clean the old one if you were careful not to destroy it. It's only a spring loaded plastic valve with small orifices. Just my .02 cents... Good luck..."

we had the same thing happen f

we had the same thing happen for a week. it was water pump

Back