Logo

454 keeps fowling plugs

W

wej55

"I have a 1995 454 lx that ran

"I have a 1995 454 lx that ran fine after the plugs,cap,rotor and fuel filter were changed. Now after only 15 hours it won't hold a steady idle (surges) and the plugs are fowled.Any ideas? Thanks"

"change fuel filter again, asl

"change fuel filter again, aslo you might need to clean your carb.. just a suggestion, but sometimes you have to go through a couple of fuel filters."

The fuel filter is a high pres

The fuel filter is a high pressure type (also High $$$) is this the one or should I just replace the water sep.I also heard of a product called seafoam.What are your thoughts about that?

Do you REALLY like the Seafoam

Do you REALLY like the Seafoam? WHat can it do that a carb rebuild couldn't....can it really save the rebuild for a future date?

"Use Seafoam down the carb dir

"Use Seafoam down the carb directly to clean goo from back of intake valves, piston heads and the top of the cylinder. Rebuild the carb to cure its problems."

"I agree with FastJeff.. Check

"I agree with FastJeff.. Check the link arm to the Choke. The clip can fall off and the choke butterfly will just flop around causing a surge. Happen to me, reconnected the rod with new clip. Golden.

At least check it before you go spending more money.."

Back