Logo

Yanmar 2QM15 Questions

cyclebear

"I have questions in two areas

"I have questions in two areas in dealing with the 2QM15 engine. 1) I have been advised to keep a spare water pump as it is easier to swap up the pump than to make a repair in an emergency. I am told Yanmar no longer sells a water pump for this engine. Does anyone know where I can find one? Also, my experience in servicing is that it is difficult to tighten the belt since my belt tensioner doesn't fit between the drive pulley sheave and the water pump sheave. Any suggestions on techniques would be appreciated.

2) In bleeding the system, I cannot seem to get a wrench on the inboard nut of the line coming off the high pressure pump. Anyone with a similar experience and suggested solution?"

"Keep an eye on the water pump

"Keep an eye on the water pump. Behind the pulley, inthe neck of the brass pump is a hole. It will allow water to drip if the seal wears or the shaft wears. When you see that, remove pump and repair. You can buy spares for it.
You do not have to crack the steel fuel injector lines as they are self bleeding into the injector, then in to the combustion chamber. The final bleed is the hex nut of the fuel line to the injection pump. You can loosen it or buy a hex nut that comes with the bleed screw. The GM series have that system. Enjoy"

Back